Thank you for being interested in our progress, it means a lot to us!
About a week ago we published one of our biggest update yet. We decided to finally ship it even if it did not include everything we wanted just yet. This article will break down what was included in the 2.3 version.
Today, the 2.4 version has been published for Chrome 🚀
To keep this article short, below is what is included in this smaller update. From a few bug fix to some smaller improvements. As additional tasks are completed they will be checked-off below.
- ⚠️ Important note: If you are having trouble finding a board after the update you should still be able to access it from the top menu within a board. Simply open a board or a new tab, on the top left menu you will notice a button called 'Boards'.
Here is what's included in the 2.4 version:
- ✅ Bug Fix: Column re-ordering not saving properly.
- ✅ Bug Fix: Cards, tasks and notes being added in the 2nd spot.
- ✅ Bug Fix: Improving the field when editing the name of a card.
- ✅ Bug Fix: Sharing boards with teammates.
- ✅ Extension Dropdown: Fixed the creating column > renaming issue.
- ✅ Extension Dropdown: Fixed the 'Open Qlearly' button.
- ⚠️ The night mode color for some icon changed, we will fix this.
Below is what will be included in the next version we submit. The checkmark represents what is already done.
- ☑️ Shortcut: For creating a 'New Task' Shift + T.
- ☑️ Shortcut: For creating a 'New Note' Shift + D.
- ☑️ Column Settings: Duplicate a column within the same board.
- ☑️ Double confirmation when deleting a folder.
- ☑️ Tasks: More noticeable color for completed tasks in night mode.
- ☑️ Night mode font issue for certain tabs in the settings.
- Notes: Opening and closing it while staying in the same board.
- Notes: Disabling shortcuts when writing a note.
Some of the things we will work on next, in no specific order:
- Importing: Better importing of your previous bookmarks.
- Improve: Registration speed and social registration.
- Pocket: Sync a column with Pocket.
- Changing the icon for tasks and notes to the new version.
- Extension Dropdown: Fixing the hover effect on all buttons.
- Column setting: Divider option to split columns to your liking.
- Board Settings: Delete, Duplicate. (will be used for other things).
- Current Tabs button: Drag and dropping to re-arrange opened tabs.
- Duplicate: Notes.
And much more!
We are starting a weekly newsletter focused around sharing the most popular articles, blog posts, videos and more that were saved on Qlearly that week. A simple API pulls the 10 most popular every week and we turn it into a newsletter for you!️
Thank you again for your interest in what we are building! If you want to see how Qlearly has changed overtime, here is an article showing the design progression of Qlearly. (Last updated 5 months ago)
We hope you will like what we have been working on. If there is something you dislike, or that broke your workflow we would love to hear it. Without some of you reporting it, we will never know! You can submit your feedback, a bug you noticed or simply in touch.
You can also find me on Twitter @GuillaumeBardet.